The exposed veneer shell of the Ginkgo sets this executive chair apart from others. The elegant curvature of the shell is showcased with interior padding made from molded foam for superior seating comfort. The designers jehs+laub were inspired by many things: patterns in nature, visual experiences, the plywood material at hand—but it was the functionality of this new piece that truly molded the vision for the Ginkgo design.
• Exposed veneer shell for maximum visual interest showcasing Ginkgo’s trademark: an intricate and sculptural shape
• Veneer shell available in Oak or Walnut finishes
ilt mechanism provides additional comfort and keeps you active
• Five Star caster base with swivel and height adjustability
• Davis directs its journey toward sustainability by using a Triple Bottom Line approach that seeks economic vitality, environmental integrity, and social responsibility
Markus Jehs and Jürgen Laub met during their academic studies of industrial design at the Hochschule für Gestaltung Schwaebisch Gmuend and became friends after an internship in New York in 1990. Soon after graduating, jehs+laub was founded in 1994. Since 2009, jehs+laub have designed multiple award-winning collections for Davis, including the iconic Ginkgo family, Match table series, Poise Occasional, A-Chair, Soft and Soft Privacy, Sachet, Reed, and Hue.
The first Ginkgo chair design was born of the desire for a distinctively sophisticated multi-use chair. For designers jehs+laub, form follows function. While the desired functionality for this piece was the key to its design, the shape has become the most iconic aspect for Davis. jehs+laub were inspired by many things: patterns in nature, visual experiences, the plywood material at hand—but it was the functionality of this new piece that truly molded the vision for the Ginkgo design. Learn more about the Making of the design icon Ginkgo
An Organic & Sustainable Design
All of the wood used in manufacturing Ginkgo is sustainably harvested from beech forests in Germany. Beech is an essential and sustainable natural resource. It is characterized by its enormous tension, stiffness and deformability, which makes it an outstanding and unique raw material.
Davis Furniture works with the world's premium upholster suppliers and we offer you here a few great options at your fingertips.
- The velvet option is Touch by Carmina. It offers a luxurious texture and appearance due to its directional pile. 100% polyester, the fabric meets the ACT voluntary Performance Guidelines and is classified as Heavy Duty Upholstery: certified against flammability, wet & dry crocking, color fastness to light, abrasion to heigh traffic.Seedetails
- The leather offered is produced using superior European hides, Hampton by Helvetia, is a lightly corrected pigmented leather with a small natural embossed grain and an incredibly soft hand. Certified against flammability, wet & dry crocking, color fastness to light, abrasion to high traffic.See details
- The wool offered is Yoredale from Carmina. It is a highly textured textile with fascinating bouclé style yarn that includes a contrasting black binder, creating subtle details within the weave that brings added depth to its saturated tones. Woven from British wool, Yoredale is truly timeless, blending its rich history with a contemporary appeal. See details
Are you looking for some additional colors/options? Contact us and we can look into it!
Made to order in our US factory, your chair ships within 8 to 12 weeks
Withdrawal right only within the 24 hours after purchase.
No return accepted except due to defects or under warranty.
Any defects must be shared with us within 3 days of reception of the chair.
Five-Year Limited Warranty
Davis warrants its products to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 5 years after the date of original shipment, provided the product is used in the manner and under the conditions for which it is designed.