The Davis Ginkgo Lounge is trademarked by the complex and sculptural curvature of the shell centered on providing optimum comfort. Ginkgo Lounge makes a big statement with the smallest details. The Gentle, sloping curves create a waterfall effect from the top to the footrest. The multi-density molded foam provides ultimate comfort.
The precise, detailed tailoring preserves the iconic form. A beautiful double-needle stitch detail runs the perimeter of the chairs. This chair also employs an innovative upholstery technique, featured in the exterior back, providing a perfect seam every time with no stitches insight. An optional headrest may also be added, providing additional comfort and a slight twist on the original design.
Ginkgo includes an optional footrest with the same luxurious cushions for ideal comfort.
• A design icon with a big statement in the smallest details
• The multi-density molded foam provides ultimate comfort
• Customize your chair either in all the same fabric or use contrasting with one fabric on the inside and one other on the outside
• Available in Swivel, or Memory Return Swivel
• Optional headrest adds comfort. The headrest is permanently fastened and can not be added or removed
• Aluminum base available in Davis powder coats or chrome
• Add a footrest for the ultimate lounge experience
• Best Level 1 ANSI/BIFMA Furniture Sustainability Standard
Markus Jehs and Jürgen Laub met during their academic studies of industrial design at the Hochschule für Gestaltung Schwaebisch Gmuend and became friends after an internship in New York in 1990. Soon after graduating, jehs+laub was founded in 1994. Since 2009, jehs+laub have designed multiple award-winning collections for Davis, including the iconic Ginkgo family, Match table series, Poise Occasional, A-Chair, Soft and Soft Privacy, Sachet, Reed, and Hue.
The first Ginkgo chair design was born of the desire for a distinctively sophisticated multi-use chair. For designers jehs+laub, form follows function. While the desired functionality for this piece was the key to its design, the shape has become the most iconic aspect for Davis. jehs+laub have inspired by many things: patterns in nature, visual experiences, the plywood material at hand—but it was the functionality of this new piece that truly molded the vision for the Ginkgo design. Learn more about the Making of the Ginkgo icon
Davis Furniture works with the world's premium upholstery suppliers and we offer you here a few great options at your fingertips.
- The velvet option is Touch by Carmina. It offers a luxurious texture and appearance due to its directional pile. 100% polyester, the fabric meets the ACT voluntary Performance Guidelines and is classified as Heavy Duty Upholstery: certified against flammability, wet & dry crocking, colorfastness to light, abrasion to heigh traffic. See details
- The leather offered is produced using superior European hides, Hampton by Helvetia is a lightly corrected pigmented leather with a small natural embossed grain and an incredibly soft hand. Certified against flammability, wet & dry crocking, colorfastness to light, abrasion to high traffic. See details
- The wool offered is Yoredale from Carmina. It is a highly textured textile with fascinating bouclé style yarn that includes a contrasting black binder, creating subtle details within the weave that brings added depth to its saturated tones. Woven from British wool, Yoredale is truly timeless, blending its rich history with a contemporary appeal. See details
Are you looking for some additional colors/options? Contact us and we can look into it!
Computer monitors are not all calibrated equally and color reproduction on the Internet is not precise. Since it is not possible to guarantee our online colors will look the same on all computers, we do not guarantee that what you see accurately portrays the color of the actual product. However, we give you as many high-quality pictures as possible to give you the closest rendering.
Shipping & Returns
Made to order just for you in our US factory, your chair ships within 8 to 12 weeks
Withdrawal right only within 24 hours after purchase.
No return accepted except due to defects or under warranty.
Any defects must be shared with us within 3 days of reception of the chair.
Five-Year Limited Warranty
Davis warrants its products to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 5 years after the date of original shipment, provided the product is used in the manner and under the conditions for which it is designed.