Estimated Arrival: Between Mar 08 and Mar 14.
Inventory Updated: March 1st
How about you watch your own healthy food grow from your workspace, reduce your grocery bill AND environmental footprint?! The AEVA is the latest innovative, stylish, smart & easy hydroponic garden system using no soil, no pesticides, creates zero environmental run-off, eliminates all the plastic packaging used for produce, and grows using 95% less water than traditional agriculture.
Grow many different plants and harvest your greens on a monthly basis with minimal effort all year around, and have fun doing it! Our App makes it super easy to care for your plants.
Improve your health and the quality of food that you eat by growing your own produce indoors. Invest in your health with the AEVA vertical garden.
Empowered by science and a mission to make our world a better place, Just Vertical is more than just a local food movement. With cities and communities growing so quickly across the globe, co-founders Kevin and Conner were inspired to find a sustainable solution to feed and save our planet. Together, they created a system that rapidly produces fresh food and preserves the earth's resources, all from the comfort of your own home.
• You do the right thing for yourself, your family and the environment
• Great positive impact on your mood, energy & wellness
• The automated lighting and watering makes the AVEA super easy to use and requires no special gardening skills.
• Our Mobile App makes it easy for you to care for your plants. You will receive notifications when it is time to add fertilizer to your AEVA, as well as refill the water reservoir
• No Soil - This vertical farming system requires no soil, so you can enjoy the benefits of having an indoor garden without the mess
• Easy Maintenance - This AEVA is designed as a low-maintenance, high-yield hydroponic system, making planting easy
• Cost-Effective - Save money by growing your own food
• Pesticide-Free - Reduce your exposure to pesticides by having complete control over what you grow
• Saves Water - The AEVA grows produce using 95% less water than traditional agriculture. This care-free system only requires you to add water once every two weeks
• Comes fully assembled: We assemble the AEVA at our facility in London, Ontario, Canada and deliver it straight to your door
• Foolproof - We guarantee your plants will grow or we will send you new seeds for free
• Includes a starting kit so you can get going right away!
Check out how the final product kicked off right from the Labs of the University of Toronto
• 1x 12L BPA-free water reservoir
• 1x Power bar with CGFI attachment
• 2x Timers for lights and irrigation
• 1x Submersible pump
• 1x LED lights and lighting automation system
• 1x Wall Anchors
• 1x Just Vertical Starter Kit
• 16 Seed Pods
• 1 seedling kit
• 16 Germination Domes
• 1x 60ml of Nutrients of Aqua Vega A
• 1x 60ml of Nutrients of Aqua Vega B
• 4 seeds of kale, 4 seed of Arugula, 4 seeds of Lettuce, and 4 seed of Basil
• Plant capacity 16 plant holes
• Water reservoir capacity 12 L
• Electrical requirements A standard 120-volt, 3-prong electrical outlet.
• Power consumption 95W/month
• Cable length 4 feet (1.22m)
• Type of lights Full spectrum LED lights
• Material Solid wood frame Chrome legs
• 2 year warranty on all product parts
Download the User Guide
What are the dimensions of the AEVA?
The AEVA is 5 feet and 10 inches tall (1.77 m), 3 feet wide (0.915 m) and 9 inches deep (0.2 m).
How do you set up the AEVA?
To set up the AEVA, place it near an electrical outlet, plug it in, plant the seed pods that come with in your Starter Kit, fill in the water reservoir, and watch your plants grow! For a detailed step-by-step guide, you can also download our User Guide
What kind of electrical outlet do I need?
A standard 120-volt, 3-prong electrical outlet.
How much light is needed?
Grow lights are included in the cabinets and are specially designed for plant health. For our starter kit, 18 hours of light is ideal. Simply set your light timer to when you want your lights turned on and off. Bear in mind the light is quite bright and if the unit is in your living space, you may run it less than 18 hours a day.
How much electricity does it use?
The AEVA uses $4.8USD of electricity per month depending on your State (Note: This is using our 48 Watt LED-lights).
What can I grow?
You can grow anything from leafy greens and herbs to strawberries and flowering plants. Unfortunately, growing root vegetables or trees are not compatible with vertical farming.
How much food can I grow?
You can expect 2-6 lbs of food per month after the first couple of month of growth. That equals to approximately 20 servings of fresh produce each month. This is enough for more than one serving every two days!
Where can I put the AEVA?
You can put the AEVA anywhere indoors! We recommend placing it somewhere it can stand out and is easy access. Bear in mind the light is quite bright and if the unit is in your living space, you may run the lights less than 18 hours a day which will affect your production. Be sure to have ea standard 110-120 V electrical outlet nearby and somewhere with neutral light and room temperature (18°-25°C).
Do I need soil?
No soil is needed; the AEVA uses grow plugs made from peat moss, an important component that releases moisture to plants as needed.
What is hydroponics?
By definition, hydroponics means "working with water." It is the method of growing plants both indoors and outdoors without soil, using mineral nutrient solutions in a water solvent.
How long does the light stay on for?
Depending on what you are growing, the ideal light range is between 12-18 hours per day.
The AEVA will be in an open space. What about pesticides?
Growing with the AEVA means you are growing non-GMO and pesticide-free produce.
How many plants can I plant at the same time?
You can grow 16 plants at a time on the AEVA, 8 per tower. Unlike other indoor gardens, the AEVA is designed for you to grow large plants. For better efficiency we recommend planting either flowering produce (tomatoes, berries...) or leafy greens. You can grow both in the same time but the production efficiency would be affected as the two varieties require different nutrients.
Is there a monthly maintenance?
Yes but it is pretty simple. Check out the video
Is there a full user manual?
Yes! Download our User Guide
How much water does the AEVA need?
The AEVA has its own self-contained 2L water reservoir. Simply refill the water reservoir every 2 weeks. Our App is built to notify you when the water reservoir is running low.
What wood is used in the unit?
Birch and pine are what make up the AEVA.
Can I use Aqua Vega or Aqua Flora with both flowering and non-flowering plants?
You can use one or the other for both plants but it should be noted that flowering plants will do better with Aqua Flora and non-flowering plants will do better with Aqua Vega. For better efficiency we recommend planting either flowering produce (tomatoes, berries...) or leafy greens. You can grow both in the same time but the production efficiency would be affected as the two varieties require different nutrients. In case you grow both at the same time you need to use Aqua Flores.
How long will seed pods last if I don't use them right away?
As long as the seeds are stored appropriately (cool, dry and dark environment) and the peat moss plugs are kept dry, they can last a few months.
How do I give seeds best chance to germinate?
Run warm water over seeds before placing the seeds in the grow plug and spray the germination domes with warm water every day until germination. Use the germination kit provided for a higher success rate.
If I order seeds do the plugs come with it?
For every 1 seed order, you will receive a grow plug.
Can I change the seeds included in the starter pack?
Unfortunately the Starter Pack for the AEVA is a set package that comes with 4 seed pods of kale, 4 seed pods of Arugula, 4 seed pods of Lettuce, and 4 seed pods of Basil.
Can I use my own nutrients and seeds?
You can of course use your own nutrients however you have to make sure they are mineral. Non mineral nutrients or organic nutrients may not be 100% liquid and may clog your system. We won't be able to offer any warranty in this case
You can also use your own seeds but we won't be able to guarantee germination
What kind of warranty do you offer?
Within the first two years, if any of the moving parts (lights, pump, timers, etc.) do not work or break through no fault of your own, we will send you a free replacement. If your unit is not affixed to the wall and it falls and breaks you will be charged for any parts we need to replace
AEVA ships within 3 to 4 weeks. You should receive your order within 4 to 6 weeks after shipment is processed as we ship with freight carrier. Please note that due to the pandemic, shipping times may be longer than usual. You receive the tracking information once your item reaches the last mile delivery.
Shipping Cleanliness- When packaging our products, only one of the members of our team is in interaction with the AEVA to minimize risk and we ensure to thoroughly wash our hands and wear protective gear when preparing your order.
In response to the pandemic, our partner shipping carriers are carefully following the CDC and WHO guidelines by restricting visitor access to facilities, implementing individual hygiene guidelines for all employees, and sanitizing all company trucks at the start of each shift.
The AEVA will delivered to you by our specialty furniture carrier partners to ensure damage-free deliveries with Sun Delivery for U.S. orders.
At Just Vertical we are fully confident in our products and our customers satisfaction with them. However, we understand circumstances change. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with the product or do not want to go through with your order, we're here to help!
For all customers, returns will be accepted for all orders within 14 days of receiving your unit. For a full refund minus shipping and a 15% restocking fee. For redirection of packages for PayBright-financed orders, the request must be approved by PayBright's anti-fraud team.
We do not accept any refunds on any seeds, grow plugs, nutrients or any other accessories.
Please note the following exceptions to our return and exchange policy:
● Refunds are only issued once the unit is received back to our facility and after a quality control test is performed.
● Returned items must not have been physically damaged or have any visible signs of wear and tear.
● Returned items must have not been tampered, manipulated or altered in any way. The return must include all original items and equipment that originally came with the unit.
Note: If set-up, maintenance and proper growing procedures are not followed as per the user manuals and guides, your return maybe refused.
To initiate a return, please complete the following steps:
1. Contact email@example.com. with the subject line titled Return, Name and Order number.
2. State the products you wish to return from your order.
3. Attach any pictures which may be useful.
Once the return has been processed:
● Once the unit arrives in Just Vertical’s possession and has been approved for refund, it will take 10-15 business days to process your refund.
● As long as the unit comes back in appropriate and working condition a refunded will be processed.
● For any questions, comments and concerns before, during or after a processed return contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.