+ The geometry of the chair is designed so that the user acts as a counterweight for the movement of the seating mechanism, providing ideal comfort with no adjustments needed
+The seating mechanism is fully incorporated into the chair with no visible elements. The only modifying controls are a height adjustment and back lock buttons
+The back, seat, and armrests were designed to be elegant and visually quiet but to come together with a perfect balance and flow
+Arms are standard with a black poly overlay on aluminum, optional with fabric or leather arm caps
+Best Level 1 ANSI/BIFMA Furniture Sustainability Standard
+Gold Indoor Air Quality Certificate
+ Made to order in the US-backed by 5 years limited warranty
+Work from home in First Class!
Award-Winning Elegance - M75, by Burkhard Vogtherr and Jonathan Prestwich, is a modern take on a Davis classic. Based on the concept of the Motion chair designed by Burkhard Vogtherr in 1987, M75 is a new evolution of the traditional executive chair built for the 21st-century workplace. The geometry of the chair is designed so that the user acts as a counterweight for the movement of the seating mechanism. Comfort and flexibility for everyday use.
The back, seat, and armrests were designed to be elegant and visually quiet, but to come together with a perfect balance and flow. The chair itself is like a static sculpture with beautiful flowing lines and a simple elegance that speaks luxury.
As one of the most well-known European designers, Burkhard Vogtherr has won about every award in Europe and the United States for seating design. Davis’s relationship with Burkhard goes back to the mid 80.s when he designed Motion, a new type of ergonomic chair. Since then he has worked with multiple international companies such as Arco, Cappellini, Sellex, and Girsberger and won many awards. Some of the awards he has received are the Architizer A+, Best of NeoCon, reddot, Furniture of the Year, and IF.
After finishing school Jonathan Prestwich started his design career in Boston, Massachusetts where he stayed briefly before heading to France to work with one of Davis’s veteran designers, Burkhard Vogtherr. After six years with Burkhard as a mentor, Jonathan moved to London where he opened his own studio. Jonathan has brought his experience together with a desire to make products for the next generation of users, fusing influences from nature and modern technology, with a goal to create simple, elegant, innovative products.
Davis Furniture works with the world's premium upholstery suppliers and we offer you here a few great options at your fingertips.
- The velvet option is Touch by Carmina. It offers a luxurious texture and appearance due to its directional pile. 100% polyester, the fabric meets the ACT voluntary Performance Guidelines and is classified as Heavy Duty Upholstery: certified against flammability, wet & dry crocking, colorfastness to light, abrasion-resistant to high traffic.Seedetails
- The leather offered is produced using superior European hides, Hampton by Helvetia is a lightly corrected pigmented leather with a small natural embossed grain and an incredibly soft hand. Certified against flammability, wet & dry crocking, colorfastness to light, abrasion-resistantto high traffic.See details
- The wool offered is Yoredale from Carmina. It is a highly textured textile with fascinating bouclé style yarn that includes a contrasting black binder, creating subtle details within the weave that brings added depth to its saturated tones. Woven from British wool, Yoredale is truly timeless, blending its rich history with a contemporary appeal. See details
- The LUX Blend is the Lambert collection from Designtex. A luxurious blend of 23% Rayon, 35% Cotton, 36% Wool, 6% Nylon for a welcoming, intriguing and soft texture. Colorfastness to light & abrasion resistance to high traffic. See details
Are you looking for some additional colors/options? Contact us and we can look into it!
Computer monitors are not all calibrated equally and color reproduction on the Internet is not precise. Since it is not possible to guarantee our online colors will look the same on all computers, we do not guarantee that what you see accurately portrays the color of the actual product. However, we give you as many high-quality pictures as possible to give you the closest rendering.
Made to order just for you in our US factory, your chair ships within 8 to 12 weeks
Withdrawal right only within 24 hours after purchase.
No return is accepted except due to defects or under warranty.
Any defects must be shared with us within 3 days of reception of the chair.
Five-Year Limited Warranty
Davis warrants its products to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 5 years after the date of original shipment, provided the product is used in the manner and under the conditions for which it is designed.
The M75 chair is as stunning in person as it is depicted in pictures:
* the inside packaging was extremely secure (including blanket and wheel protectors)
* The leather and chrome hardware are stunning - I get compliments whenever someone enters the room!
* The black wheels are not as well-designed or as high quality as the rest of the chair.
*The recline is buttery-smooth and the cushion is medium-firm (harder than other high-end ergonomics - I like it but others may not).
* The upright position may still be too reclined for some, only other issue alongside wheel quality.
After a few weeks of using the chair, ergonomics appear to be top-notch. I don't suffer from any physician pain so may have a lower bar than those with greater need; however, from my opinion, the chair feels luxurious and remains comfortable through 8+ hour days. The ergonomics feel comparable to $1500+ Steelcase ergonomic office chairs I have used in the past.