Estimated Arrival: Between Mar 08 and Mar 14.
Inventory Updated: March 1st
Comfortable, ergonomic & active sitting
CoreChair is an innovative ergonomic active sitting chair that is designed to complement your athletic aspirations and counter the symptoms of Sitting Disease.
Comfortably embracing your pelvis, this unique sitting surface allows you to enjoy optimal sitting posture, relieving back pain, without impeding your natural movement with unnecessary tall backs and arm rests. The unconscious movement facilitated by the unique tilt mechanism fights against sitting disease by increasing your blood flow, keeping you healthier and more productive all day. Studies completed at esteemed institutions across Canada and the United States validate the health benefits of CoreChair.
• Pelvic support provides the foundation for a balanced healthy spine to prevent slumping, optimize posture, and reduce back pain and discomfort
• Sculpted Seat harmonized with pelvic stabilizer to relieve pressure points, prevents sliding, and provide added comfort
• Core Strength through constant movement
• Movement stimulates your lymphatic system and blood flow to keep your vital systems working well fighting against the sitting disease, also avoiding for instance swollen ankles
• Increased blood flow to the brain keeps you alert and creative, making you happier and more productive in the workplace
• Movement burns calories and helps manage our weight and mood, which bolsters our energy!
• Adjustable resistance to personalize your level of movement with 5 different settings
• Office chair recommended by Chiropractors, Surgeons, Stretch Therapists, Personal Trainers, Nutritionists, and other healthcare professionals across North America
• Sizing guide: Tall is Recommended for those 5'6" and taller. Short is recommended if you are 5'5" and shorter
• Premium quality backed by 12 years warranty
• 60 Days Easy return
• Best price guarantee
• Ships end of September
• Questions? Check out our FAQs or call or message us!
You can watch this video here for an idea of the assembly process
• Low back harmonizes with the sculpted seat to embrace your pelvis and is designed to prevent slumping, optimize sitting posture, relieve pressure points and enhance comfort
• 3-D knit fabric is made from 100% post-consumer recycled material
• Internationally patented internal mechanism allows you to move in all directions up to 14 degrees with an adjustable resistance lever
• 5-star base with foot placement tread
• High-quality, soft, durable casters suitable for carpets and floors
• Rated for users up to 225 lbs for 1 million cycles
• NEAT Certified (developed by the Mayo Clinic for the Science of Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis)
• Seat height adjustment from 17.1" to 19.2"
• Seat width 19.3"
• Seat depth adjustment from 16.7" to 18.3"
• Minimal assembly required
• 12-year manufacturer’s warranty
Height – Floor to Seat
Adjusts from: 18.7” to 22.3”
Adjusts from: 17.1” to 19.2”
Adjusts from: 16.25” to 18.25”
Adjusts from: 16.25” to 18.25”
CoreChair in Shipping Box
26” x 25” x 15” weighing 45 pounds
26” x 25” x 15” weighing 45 pounds
How is the CoreChair different from other ergonomic chairs?
Traditional ergonomic office chairs focus more on providing relaxed support and typically commit the user to a one fixed position that diminishes healthy movement. Similar to a lounge chair, a traditional chair allows the body to settle into a reclining position which in most cases results in poor alignment of the user’s body relative to their work station.
CoreChair promotes optimal sitting posture because it embraces the pelvis with an aggressively shaped seat complimented by snug support at the top of the back of the pelvis, near your belt level. With the pelvis supported in this manner, the user experiences a natural balance of their spine from their pelvis to their head. Most people using traditional chairs either perch on the front edge of their seat or completely slump into the tall back, causing excessive demands on their musculoskeletal structure.
CoreChair provides a pivot point immediately beneath the users’ center of balance which provides natural movement in all directions up to a safe range of 14 degrees.
Can I try it before I buy it?
Selecting the right active sitting chair is not something that can be accomplished in a brief trial. CoreChair is happy to offer a 60-day satisfaction guarantee to allow sufficient time to experience the benefits of this unique sitting solution.
Simply purchase the chair and we will ship it at no charge to your door. If CoreChair does not provide the sitting experience we know we can contact us and we will assist with any suggestions to optimize fit and function or we will arrange to have the chair picked up and returned.
We offer a 60 Day Return Policy on our Classic and Sport models and 30 days on the Tango. Your 60 or 30 days starts from the date of delivery as determined by courier delivery confirmation. If the CoreChair is not everything you hoped for, it can be returned for a refund. Please read the following to ensure you are eligible for a refund:
• Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and order number in order to begin the return process. You will be sent a tool that will remove the cylinder from the seat of the CoreChair. Please do not attempt to remove the cylinder without this tool as it may cause damage.
• All components of the CoreChair must be boxed up in original packaging following the re-packing guideline that will be sent when you request the return. This ensures that the CoreChair returns safely. If the CoreChair is returned improperly re-packaged, you will be subject to a restocking fee.
• The CoreChair must be in like-new condition without any scratches or damaged components.
• If the CoreChair is returned damaged, CoreChair has the right to refuse a full refund.
• You are only eligible for a 60-day guarantee if you have not previously purchased and returned a CoreChair product. If you have purchased and returned a CoreChair product under any satisfaction guarantee, you will not be eligible for return on subsequent orders.
• You are responsible for paying the return shipping costs
What can I expect after sitting in the CoreChair for a few weeks?
Most people immediately transition to the intended comfort and ride of their CoreChair and experience little if any side affects. For some, they will notice the results of this new and improved sitting position and the added movement, much like they might after their first few visits to the gym on a new exercise program.
Because the chair positions the user to sit taller and assume an ideal posture, the supportive soft tissues of the core begin to reprogram to accommodate this. For those who have realized this initial perceived discomfort, the vast majority report that this discomfort resolves within a few weeks. For persons who have a chronic back issue arising from a diagnosis such as a herniated disc, strained soft tissues or similar, the reported feedback in most cases is that the position and movement provide very quick relief.
In the therapeutic world “motion is lotion”. There are some individuals who have more significant back issues and have been seeking a solution for quite some time. While CoreChair is an excellent adjunct to a more traditional therapeutic treatment, it should not be considered an alternative. At CoreChair we encourage a variety of working positions through the day, from sitting to standing and walking opportunities.
We also encourage preventative and therapeutic complimentary solutions such as yoga, safe training, and massage as well as physiotherapy and chiropractic care.
Is it an orthopaedic chair?
Yes. CoreChair is designed to provide an ideal combination of optimal support and positioning with safe movement. It can be a perfect orthopaedic intervention, supplement to other health care initiatives or even preventative measure. In contrast to traditional sitting solutions, CoreChair encourages healthy movement which is necessary to provide ideal nutrients to your supportive soft tissues (muscles and ligaments). CoreChair has proven to be a very effective contribution to persons with chronic back pain.
Why are there no armrests?
With arm rests most people have a tendency to introduce chronic leaning as part of their sitting habits. Arm rest dependency increases static lateral positioning of the spine and places unnecessary pressure on the forearm. CoreChair promotes more natural and balanced positioning of the spine. The resulting stability and supported position means there is no need for arm rests.
Will CoreChair allow me to burn calories while I sit?
“Sitting disease” has more to do with not moving than just sitting. When you do not move, you do not burn calories and your metabolic system becomes challenged as it requires movement to regulate your glucose production and vascular reactivity. Calorie measuring is a very simple method to measure work.
A recent Mayo Clinic Study found that passively sitting on a CoreChair at least resistance results in an increased caloric expenditure of 20% over sitting in a traditional chair that does not encourage movement. When the user engages in specific exercises designed for use on the CoreChair, the user can expect a caloric expenditure of 150% or similar to walking at approximately 2 mph.
Mayo Clinic promotes its NEAT program (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis) and the fact that you don’t have to engage in excessive exercise to burn calories but that subtle and continuous movement throughout the day, will result in the type of metabolic stimulation to enhance your bodily functions.
Will I get tired if I sit in the CoreChair for too long?
Many people who have endured long periods of time on an exercise ball as a substitute for their office chair, will share that they feel fatigued over time. This is mostly due to the fact that in order to maintain an ideal sitting posture, they have to engage their core muscles at a high level, continuously. This is exhausting and eventually fatigue sets in.
On the CoreChair, the pelvis is embraced and rendered in a neutral posture. This alleviates the need to over engage your core. This pivot point on a CoreChair is directly beneath your centre of balance. So with your pelvis and your thighs supported, and your feet stable on the ground, we have a very stable three-point base of support. Another misconception is that we might get tired from moving.
In fact, when we don’t move and don’t get optimized blood flow and the supply of oxygen and nutrients that accompany this blood flow, that is exhausting. When we assume a slumped sitting position, we also collapse our thoracic cavity that houses our critical internal organs. This, in turn, reduces what is known as our ‘vital capacity’ or the volume of air that we can pass through our lungs, which further affects the oxygenation of our blood.
Will CoreChair really strengthen my core?
While the CoreChair is not as unstable as an exercise ball, it does engage your core stabilizing muscles very much on par according to a study conducted by the Dept of Kinesiology at the University of Waterloo.
When we collapse into a traditional chair, which may indeed feel comfortable, our core stabilizing muscles are too relaxed and tend to approach atrophy or muscle wasting. Continuous low level stimulation of these critical stabilizing soft tissues will definitely add to your core strength and you can expect a carryover effect to your other daily activities.
What is it like to sit in a CoreChair?Reports arising from thousands of CoreChair users suggest that they feel:
More alert and productive throughout their work day:
• Less stiffness in their hips and low back that they would normally experience when they stand up from a traditional chair after sitting for a period of time.
• More comfort under their sit bones and tail bone
• Reduced upper back and neck pain
• Less strain on their back when reaching
Why is the back so low?
CoreChair is designed to embrace the user’s pelvis in an engaged sitting position and is not intended to be a lounging chair. When properly seated, users do not need a tall back.
In fact, the upper portion of the tall back is not used by most users, except when reclining. Sitting on a flat level surface with a flat back tends to promote slumping, where the pelvis tilts backward.
Traditional chair designs introduce lumbar supports in an attempt to correct the resulting flattened low back. This only addresses the symptom of slumping whereas CoreChair’s pelvic stabilizer addresses the cause by supporting the pelvis and reducing the slumping and low back flattening.
Want to learn more? Contact us for copies of the studies completed by the University of Waterloo that speak to the positive postural benefits of CoreChair.
How does CoreChair compare in quality against my current office chair?
CoreChair has been introduced as a very high-quality product supported with a 12-year warranty. The patented internal mechanism is a high precision component with a careful eye to final inspection processes to ensure optimal function over time. The product has been designed, engineered and tested to exceed 1 million cycles using the BIFMA/ ANSI protocol.
All components of the chair are made from recycled or recyclable materials. The seat covers are made from 100% recycled post-consumer polyesters (water bottles).
How will the CoreChair interact with my work station?
CoreChair operates optimally when the user assumes a more open hip angle. This means sitting with the chair at a height that results in the knees being lower than the hips. The resulting position makes the user sit taller and engaged in their work station.
Properly adjusted the user’s arms should hang at their side rather than reaching out to their work surface. This new sitting height will likely result in the computer monitor being lower than ideal.
We recommend that you adjust your monitor height by using a portable desktop sit stand station or a monitor attachment that allows for additional height adjustment.
Does the CoreChair require assembly?
Yes, however, it is minimal and only takes between 10-15 minutes. The only tool that is required during assembly is a hex key. This tool is provided to you and is located in your seat pan of your CoreChair.
ShippingProduct ships within a couple of days and gets to your door within 7 days. As soon as your order shipped, we send you a shipping tracking number per email.
60– Day Return Policy: Classic and Sport CoreChair offers a 60 Day Return Policy on the CoreChair Classic and Sport models. If the CoreChair is not everything you hoped for, it can be returned for a refund. Please read the following to ensure you are eligible for a full refund:
• Contact Phil Zen within 60 days of your purchase date to collect a Return Authorization Number. CoreChair will then send you a tool that will remove the cylinder from the seat of the CoreChair. Please do not attempt to remove the cylinder without this tool as it may cause damage.
• All components of the CoreChair must be boxed up in original packaging following the re-packing guideline that will be sent with your return instructions. This ensures that the CoreChair returns safely. If the CoreChair is returned improperly re-packaged, you will be subject to a restocking fee.
• The CoreChair must be in like-new condition without any scratches or damaged components. In the event that the CoreChair is returned damaged, CoreChair has the right to refuse a full refund.
• You are only eligible for a 60-day guarantee if you have not previously purchased and returned the CoreChair. If you have purchased and returned a CoreChair under the 60- day satisfaction guarantee, you will not be eligible for return on subsequent orders.
12-Year Warranty: Classic and Sport Models
Your CoreChair Classic or Sport model is warranted against manufacturing defects for a full 12 years from date of purchase. Its structure and mechanisms have been rigorously tested to ensure they will continue to perform under normal conditions. It’s that simple. If the chair breaks and it’s determined that it was a manufacturing defect, we will repair or replace your chair.
• User weight limit for warranty purposes is 250 pounds.
• This warranty does not include normal wear and tear.
• This warranty is valid only for the original purchaser from the original purchase date of the product from CoreChair or a CoreChair authorized dealer. Please retain a copy of your receipt as proof of purchase and owner. If the original purchaser sells or otherwise relinquishes ownership of the CoreChair to another, this warranty terminates, and the subsequent owner accepts the product as is.
• The product must be registered for the warranty within 1 year of purchase. Please visit www.corechair.com/testdrive to register your warranty.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.