Estimated Arrival: Between Sep 28 and Oct 04.
Inventory Updated September 21st
An harmonious sculptural tilting shape
The Active's carefully considered design provides ideal movement and support while sitting. The saddle-shaped seat gives your a number of sitting options which encourages your to move while sitting, helping with fighting sitting disease. It's harmonious sculptural shape inspired by the oak leaf fits in well in any interior. Get your own customized new preferred chair!
• When actively working, the saddle seat tilts forward to keep your spine in its upright, dynamic position, strengthening your core and abdominal muscles, reducing tension in neck and shoulders, enhancing deep breathing
• Improve your concentration and energy through increased blood circulation and oxygen supply
• When leaning back, enjoy perfect support of your lower back, place your arms on the wings and open up your chest of a deep breath and pleasant stretching
• The saddle chair reduces pressure on vertebral discs and induces an improved upright posture
• Adjustable height to easily alter between seated and standing positions
• Sit in reverse position for variation
• Available in two sizes: Active Standard (18'' - 24'' H) or Tall Active II (23'' - 32'') which suits standing desks perfectly
• Made of premium padding, fabric and leather providing comfort through hours of seating. See the DETAIL tab for further information on upholstery options
• Environmentally friendly, built to last, using non toxic chemicals, the chair is 100% recyclable. Take part in a journey towards a sustainable future
• The wheels are soft, suitable for both hard and soft floor surfaces. Available in free rolling, breaking when loaded or breaking when unloaded
• 5 warranty years on foams & upholstery and mechanical parts
• Best price guarantee
• Customize your one of a kind chair, made in Europe at the Varier factory
Check out our other Varier chairs
Sit down, move on!
Perfect posture doesn’t exist. That’s why Varier only creates chairs that can be used in a variety of ways, for a variety of purposes with seamless transitions in-between, not a static object but one that invites people to move when they sit. The Active Saddle Stool is all about movement.
Unequaled production standards
Made from top quality beech plywood from sustainable European forests, it is treated through an iterative molding process where several veneer layers are combined and glued. Through the application of combined heat and pressure, the layers are given their characteristic shape, making our Gravity stand out from the crowd. All wooden parts are flexible and strong, ensuring a sitting experience that is never static. For a beautiful finish, our plywood is covered with ash top veneer, manually sanded and coated with water-based, non-toxic lacquers.
Varier has implemented strict COVID precautions at the manufacturing site to make sure employees stay safe and products uncontaminated.
Download the Environmental Product Declaration
Fabric - 1 version multiple colors
Computer monitors are not all calibrated equally and color reproduction on the Internet is not precise. Since it is not possible to guarantee our online colors will look the same on all computers, we do not guarantee that what you see accurately portrays the color of the actual product. However we give you as many high quality pictures as possible to give you the closest rendering.
• FAME is made of 95% Wools of New Zealand, 5% Polyamide. Fame is a unique woolen upholstery fabric which is exceptionally durable, but nevertheless luxuriously soft and stretchable assured through the use of new yarn structures and spinning methods. Fame has a European Union Eco Label and meets STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
Benefits: Silky smooth, durable, great lightfastness and flame retardant, dry cleanable, environmentally friendly
Leather - 2 versions, multiple colors
• DUNES® - An elegant, matt surface with a somewhat velvety look and feel. A special process involving sanding, buffing and applying a special type of leather oil to the surface gives it that unique matt look that’s raw with a touch of understated elegance.
Part of DUNES®’ extra appeal are the subtle, natural markings which bring a unique personality to each hide. The colours we feature will also vary from hide to hide and with each individual hide. Watch for a delicious patina that will appear over time as a result of the leather’s exposure to daylight, interior lighting and usage. In fact, the more you use DUNES®, the more the leather becomes shinier and smoother.
DUNES® has received the Nordic Swan Ecolabel. A highly respected certification verifying that it meets a rigorous set of requirements in regards to environment, use of energy and resources. See swatches online
• NOIR - It's one of those leathers that stirs the emotions even before you touch it. Come closer and you can see the lovely, natural irregular marking from the rawhide. Run your fingers across the surface and feel the smooth texture of the natural grain.
As a Semi-Aniline leather, NOIR has a special light finish that protects it from dirt, the effects of light and the harmful rays of the sun. The surface has a slightly more uniform look than Aniline leather, but the natural grain is still visible, adding to its authenticity and originality. NOIR is soft, flexible and comfortable, making it an exceptional choice for furniture.
Design by Norwegian architect and designers Olav Eldøy & Atle Tveit
Manufacturer Varier Model NumberACTIVE-4150
W16.5in x L24.4in
Height standard gaslift: H33-39
Height with high gaslift: 37.8-47.2in
Standard gaslift: 18-24.21in
High gaslift:22.8-32.3in (great for standing desks)
Weight 31 lbs. Max Weight 250 lbs. Warranty
Foam, Fabric, Labor: 5 Years
Official & Updated Varier Instructions
Custom made to your taste in Europe at the Varier factory, your chair currently gets built within 4 weeks.
Standard Shipping: your chair will ship by sea with a transit time of 1.5 up to 3.5 months.
Express Shipping: We air transport for your chair. The fee for air transport is additional. Typical air cargo transportation time is 2-6 weeks, depending on the next air cargo departure.
Upon arrival of your product in the USA at our warehouse in CO, your order will be received and shipped to you directly per ground transport. Upon shipment in the USA, you will receive an email with tracking information. Ground transport takes usually between 3 to 7 business days.
Varier accepts right to withdrawal only within 24 hours after you completed your order as this is a custom made to order chair.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.