Estimated Arrival: Between Dec 04 and Dec 10.
Inventory Updated November 27th
Innovation at it's best! Create fresh outdoor air indoors with stronger cleansing and oxygenating capabilities than any plant thanks to the vast surface area of moss plants capturing all sorts of pollutants, allergens and harmful particles! Verdure Live Moss Wall is simply the best wellness booster for indoors and the first self-sustaining LIVE moss eco-system integrated with the latest technology.
Our cost-effective and easy-to-maintain 4'x 8'solution offers many benefits including:
• Significant anti-viral/anti-microbial benefits and immune boosting properties especially appreciated by customer facing challenges with asthma and pollen allergies
• Increased humidity of air reducing airborne bacteria and virus transmission
• Sense of well-being through contemplation of living lush green and soothing sound of running water which are proven to enhanced mood, cognitive function and productivity
• Moss smells good!
• 33-square feet wide live moss surface area
• Automated misters and grow lights controlled by a built in microprocessor
• UV light built into the recirculating pump kills any potential micro-organisms
• Fully automated system which needs only one power inlet and no water supply
• Fill the tank with water once a week
• Simple set up and close to no maintenance
Find out more in the Details and FAQ sections about the benefits of live moss and this fascinating wall solution!
Ever notice why you feel clear-headed and energized at the beach, on the lake or on that hike in the woods alongside that meandering stream? Negative ions are the main reason. Here negative ions are produced by our innovative mist system which attracts pollutants (mainly positively charged airborne particulate) of all sorts with their negative charge and the moss feeds off these microbes. Moss actually utilizes these compounds as nutrients.
Impressive Results Reported
After placing our 4' x 8' Verdure Live Moss Wall Eco-System in a room that holds 1,176 cubic feet of air volume, we had air sample tests taken every minute over a period of three days. These tests showed a stunning 225% decrease in CO2 levels and, even more compelling, a dramatic reduction in harmful .5-micron airborne particulate by approximately 4,000% - yes, you read that correctly, four thousand percent.
Why such rapid and dramatic improvements to air quality? The tiny water droplets from the mist system attract and bind the pollutant particles suspended in the air. These pollutants are in turn sequestered by the moss and then broken down by beneficial microbes naturally occurring in the moss. The moss utilizes these materials as nutrients.
• Proprietary app controlled system
• Size 4’ wide x 8’ tall
• The basin is 16" wide (from back to front edge) x 12” tall.
• Sides are 7” deep. Dry weight when shipped with all components is around 125 lbs. Easily carried by two people.
• When filled with 32 gallons of water, the unit weighs approximately 400 lbs.
• 33-square feet of moss surface area
• Consumes about 1 gallon of water a day, depending on your region and air moisture
• 16-gauge stainless steel all welded
• Automated misters and grow lights controlled by a built in microprocessor
• The adjustable recirculating water feature that comes with each Verdure system allows you to adjust flow rate
• Dry weight when shipped with all components is around 125 pounds Easily carried by two people
• Lifetime warranty on cabinets and moss
More About Living Moss
Reasons We Love Moss
• Moss is the host to many beneficial micro-organisms that break down pollutants and kill harmful bacteria and viruses. It has been used for centuries on battlefields to cover wounds and prevent infection.
• Moss has no predators. Due to naturally occurring "secondary compounds" that are produced by moss plants, no insect pests are known to prey on moss.
• Moss smells good. We're not sure if it's the beneficial aerobic microbes or simply the moss plants themselves, but moss just exudes a sense of wellness and a scent to match.
• Moss health benefits are many - visually, physically and psychologically.
• Through an ancient metabolic process known as "poikilohydry," mosses are able to survive drought by contracting and shriveling their leaves and then immediately opening them once rains or moisture returns. "Verdure" simulates this natural process by periodically shutting off moisture to the moss, as this is actually healthy and beneficial to the moss plants - allowing them to go completely dry for a day or two.
• Self-Sufficient Moss Mosses evolved over 500 million years ago when our planet was a very steamy and humid place. For this reason, mosses never developed roots - they simply grow atop any surface, absorbing moisture from the air or from rainfall when it comes. Mosses have been found in caves, thousands of years old, and when re-hydrated they begin growing again.
• Verdure Live Moss Wall was designed to be very simple to set up. One person can easily have the system up and running in about an hour.
• The unit comes pre-assembled, including the vertical moss panel (packed dry so it is stable), misters, pumps, lights, etc. You will just need assistance to get the item out of the crate and position it in your home.
• After that, all that needs to be done is to fill the 25-gallon drainage basin with water, adjust the water fountain to the desired flow rate, set the drainage grate and filter mat in place, and then arrange the moss/fern/rock garden at the base (all included, moss is shipped dry).
• Next, just plug the system in (a GFI outlet is recommended).
• The timers have all been pre-set.
• A very simple install and maintenance diagram/video is provided with each order.
• Anyone can easily set this up.
• The system is free-standing. The weight of the water in the basin keeps it very stable.
• Units typically require filling with water once a week but can go as long as two weeks. When water is low, the system will shut off the recirculating pump which will indicate a refill is needed.
• Auto fill can be set up on site by plumbing each unit with 3/8” nylon tubing and a float valve/solenoid switch. Any plumber can easily do this.
Set up Overview
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
• What is the size, weight, and material?
The standard Verdure live modular wall unit is 4’ wide x 8’ tall. 16-gauge stainless steel, all welded, one unit. The basin is 16" wide (from back to front edge) x 12” tall. Sides are 7” deep. Dry weight when shipped with all components is around 125 lbs. Easily carried by two people. When filled with 32 gallons of water, the unit weighs approximately 400 lbs.
• What is involved for installation?
Verdure was designed to be very easy to set-up. One person can easily have the system up and running in about an hour. The unit comes pre-assembled, including the vertical moss panel (packed dry so it is stable), misters, pumps, lights, etc.
All that needs to be done is to fill the 30 gallon drainage basin with water, adjust the water fountain to the desired flow rate, set the drainage grate and filter mats in place, and then arrange the moss/fern/rock garden (all included, moss shipped dry).
Now download the app to any smart device(s) you would like to have access to the system. The link will be emailed to you prior to shipment arrival. Next, just plug the system in (GFI outlet recommended). The timers have all been pre-set. A very simple install and maintenance video is provided with each order. Most anyone can easily set this up.
• Is auto-fill for water re-fill an option?
Yes. The system can be plumbed to accommodate a 3/8” poly fill line with float valve/solenoid switch to auto-fill the system.
• Mold, viruses, bacteria?
Not a problem. The UV light built into the recirculating pump kills any potential micro-organisms. The misters are designed and timed to only lightly moisten the growing surface of the moss — nothing else. The moss is allowed to dry out periodically and fans are also present in the top of the hood to keep air circulating - more biomimicry.
We provide a lifetime guarantee on the stainless steel cabinet and on the moss (up to two replacements). Lights have a 5-year warranty. Pumps are 1 year, but are very affordable if replacement is ever required in the future.
• What are the watering cycles — are they adjustable?
The automated misters come on every hour for about 45 seconds during daytime hours. This interval is adjustable but we strongly recommend not touching the factory settings prior to first discussing. The misters and lights shut down later at night to allow the moss to rest.
The water feature has two “throttle” valves that allow for as much or little water flow so as to create the desired visual and audible effect. The water feature can be turned off completely if so desired. The filter and UV light still need to operate down in the basin, but the flow above can be shut off by turning the flow valve to the off position.
• How resilient is moss?
Moss has no roots, it gets all its nutrients and moisture through its leaves. For this reason, moss can go completely dry for weeks/months on end with no detrimental effects. This is how it exists in nature. Once moisture returns, moss immediately starts to grow.
We are developing an online continuing education course for learning about moss and the Verdure system. It will be found on the AEC Daily website by early spring 2019.
• Can the system be installed outdoors?
Yes, for sure. We have several projects where moss mats have been installed outdoors with good results. The key is positioning the Verdure live modular wall system in a somewhat sheltered location, away from strong winds that might interfere with the misters. In colder climates, the basin and mister lines should be drained out prior to freeze. The moss will survive the winter if it is located in a somewhat sheltered setting, away from drying winds and prolonged direct sun. Please call to discuss the siting in advance of ordering.
• Is supplemental light needed?
No. Each Verdure system comes with two built in LED lights - top and bottom. Occasionally some locations may need to activate a supplemental nighttime mode light. This is accomplished with an additional grow light strip that comes pre-affixed to the back of the automated mist delivery mechanism. Ambient light and even some direct sunlight will not harm the moss, but too much direct sunlight for prolonged periods should be avoided so as to avoid rapid drying of the moss.
• What about timing and setting for lighting and misting?
All Verdure units come with a timer that is pre-set for lights and misters. Simply load the free-app upon receipt of the unit with easy to follow instructions and you are up and running.
- All Verdure Units are typically shipped within 2 weeks of purchase. Typically all units arrive within 3 weeks of order date. We ship via FedEx Freight and tracking will be provided upon shipment.
Returns are not accepted for our live walls but we offer a lifetime warranty* on our Moss & Cabinet and will replace any damaged or defective units at no cost to you.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.