Estimated Arrival: Between Sep 26 and Oct 02.
Inventory Updated September 20th
Designed for a competition to furnish the student residence halls at the Cité Universitaire in Nancy-France, the Cité armchair is one of Jean Prouvé's early masterpieces. Prouvé himself used this dynamic looking armchair – with distinctive runners made of powder-coated sheet steel and broad leather belts for armrests – in the living room of his own home. Generous dimensions and inviting upholstery contribute to the great comfort of Cité.
• Timeless design
• Providing great support and comfort
• For Vitra, sustainability is an aspect of design that has always been a part of the company’s industrial culture. Cite contains 33% recycled material, is built to last and can be recycled by 84%. Find out more
French designer and architect, Prouvé's work encompasses a wide range of objects, from a letter opener to door and window fittings, from lighting and furniture to façade elements and prefabricated houses, from modular building systems to large exhibition structures – essentially, almost anything that is suited to industrial production methods. In close cooperation with the Prouvé family, Vitra began in 2002 to issue re-editions of designs by this great French constructeur.
• Cover: seat and backrest with a continuous cover in fabric or leather.
• Upholstery: neck cushion in polyurethane foam, height-adjustable.
• Seat height: 335 mm (210 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
• Base: bent sheet steel, powder-coated finish (smooth).
• Glides: fitted with plastic glides for carpet; felt glides for hard floors optionally available.
• Download the Cite fact sheet.
Mello: an elegant cotton fabric with a pleasant softness and cool tactile qualities. Thanks to a thicker melange yarn of recycled cotton, the robust twill weave has a lively yet balanced appearance. The understated colour palette for Mello ranges from pastel tones to natural, earthy shades and darker hues. Mello is made of 80% cotton, 20% polyester.
Leather: The standard grade leather used by Vitra is a robust cowhide leather, dyed through, pigmented and embossed with an even grain pattern. Since it is hardwearing and easy to maintain, it can also be used in office environments. Thickness: 1.1–1.3 mm
- TO BE ADDED
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.